Demonia Swing-05 ankle boots review

A non - sponsored  shoe review
on


Demonia Swing-05
ankle boots




Demonia Swing-05
photo credits: Dominique cirque
   Platform shoes, the most frequent and almost essential accessory in a goth's wardrobe. From creepers for the effortless morning comfort look to platform boots for the more fancy night outfits. It doesn't have to take you closer to the sky , but it's enough to bring the desired drama effect and boost both your confidence and mood! Even though I am considered a normal to slightly tall girl , I would never give up the slender figure a platform or high heeled shoe can offer me.
   A few months ago , I decided on a pair from the world famous Gothic brand Demonia. I made my purchase through the Attitude Europe site. As the title mentions, the model I picked was the Demonia Swing-05 ankle boots. Attitude Europe is a great site to shop when you are an EU citizen, as you don't have to pay for customs, which is an amazing save of money (that you can also spend in the site :p )
  The shoes arrived pretty fast followed by a tracking number and a home delivery (which is great cause the post office is nobody's happy place!). No defections or damages, packed carefully in a non defected box. Original packaging helps if you're thinking of reselling the goods you purchase (also boosts the selling point if the goods you wanna resell are things such as action figures, collectibles, etc.). No communication problem with the retail site , all transactions went smoothly.
  Now, to the point, the shoe itself. Weight wise, since it is a 5.5 inch platform shoe, you shouldn't be expecting a light-as-a-feather shoe. It's not too heavy to the point that you can't walk or that it gets uncomfortable but it's not a too much walking shoe unless you trained yourself in shoes of this sort. Also, even though it's high as heck , being a fully platform shoe, it's easy to stand in it cause it doesn't arch your feet to an uncomfortable point, which is a plus for the person wanting to wear these babies on long hours.




The insoles are pretty hard so I should definitely suggest you put some soles in there to make it more comfy or use a thicker pair of socks. Another point is the sizing. If it's your first time purchasing a Demonia shoe, you should really be careful on the sizing as the sizes tend to run bigger leading in potential sizing down. Taking a look in the Attitude Europe site,this is mentioned in the descriptions of most shoe models so please read those with care.
 

   The Swing-05 also comes in the glossy black version, but I picked the vegan leather cause it's easier for me dressing them down in order to wear them in the daytime. I already gave my shoes some tough love (hiking for shooting locations, running to catch the buses or around the university, taking them in dance classes and dancing in them for hours on end) and being a quite clumsy person , I should warn that this pair is not designed for that. It's perfect for those night walks and events , but not on a daily non-stop basis for the busy Goths out there.


   Even though the price point, added the shipping fees, is quite high , this pair is a definite show stopper. There wouldn't be a time in those babies that people on the street wouldn't stop to stare at them or ask me where they could find a pair like these. They make your legs look miles-long and walking on them in the street you get that feel that you got the world under commands, which to me is desired.

In all, though it's not a comfy shoe, it's so pretty that it was a love at first sight for me. Every time I wear them I get that extra oomph in my look and it really makes me happy. They are not the easiest shoes a girl could buy, but I have not regretted for a second getting them, it was worth every penny!

Get yours here:
Glossy black
Vegan leather

All photos reserved: DominiqueCirque .

Σχόλια

Δημοφιλείς αναρτήσεις